- The Board of Education voted unanimously to pursue a referendum on the November 8 ballot. Please read Dr. Weikle’s email for addition information about your role and responsibilities. Please note that you may inform but not advocate for/against the referendum during your work day or using work resources. UFEA will be taking a position on the referendum at our next Building Rep meeting. Please share your thoughts with one of your Building Reps or come to the meeting.
- Labor Day Parade – Please plan to join UFEA and all of Region 14 for the Labor Day Parade. A calendar invite with all the details will be coming soon.
- Sick Leave Bank – use this form to contribute a day to the Sick Leave Bank – forms must be submitted by 4pm Friday, Sept 2.
- Please be sure to check your accrued sick leave in Tyler to be sure of its accuracy. All sick leave contract language can be found in Article 10.1.1.
- Please check your schedules to be sure you have all the plan/prep time that you are contractually provided. If you are unsure or think there is an issue, please reach out to your building principal first. If the concern is not addressed, please reach out to your building reps or Julie Hagler.
- We have a variety of vacancies and need volunteers! If you are interested in one of the positions listed, please reach out to me for a potential appointment.
- PLC Committee – 1
- Region 14 Council – 4
- Political Action Chair – 1
- Building Reps:
- Glenn – 1
- Hoose – 2
- Northpoint – 2
- Prairieland – 1
- CJHS – 2
- EJHS – 1
- PJHS – 2
- NCWHS – 2
- Do you know of a UFEA member doing something amazing? Share the details in this form so that we can give them a shoutout on social media!
- In the event that a UFEA member experiences a significant personal event, whether that be a loss or celebration, please complete this form. Hospitality Chair, Blair Ediker, will consider the request and send an appropriate gift.
- Please remember that if there is an issue with another bargaining unit member, we have a negotiated process to address those concerns called Concern Resolution.
- Do you have a need for funding of a professional development training? If so, the Illinois Education Association’s Leadership Training Institute Committee has money! Here is some additional information about the process and what would qualify. Please fill out the survey link to obtain funding! If you have questions, Lindsey Dickinson is the chair of this committee and would be happy to help!
- If you are interested in being an IEA virtual coach/mentor for new educators, click here for additional information! If accepted into the program, you will earn compensation for your work!
- IEA helped pass a variety of legislation during this session to combat educator shortages and to improve K-12 education. Click here to read the news release.
- IEA Fact Sheets for all education related legislation is on the IEA website.
Thank you all for your amazing work this week. I am sure that you are exhausted but know that you are making a difference in the lives of our 13,000 students.
See you next week!